Primpied by Luciano Russo
Red Carpet life
Palm oil or Palme d’Or?
The Côte d’Azur offers us the most glamourous destinations for summer holidays and not only. In fact, the season starts in May during one of the most awaited events dedicated to celebrities and ordinary people too. We are talking about the Film Festival that this year celebrates its 70th edition, Cannes for two weeks is focused on cinema and put on its best dress. So, take your suitcase, smartphone and wallet because you don’t need to be a Hollywood diva or Monica Bellucci to live like a star.
Daytime in Cannes is made to SPEND. From the sun beds on the most exclusive beaches to the shops along the Promenade de la Croisette, the musical rhythm created by cash registers and tips on silver saucers is no-stop.
After dinner the night continues, and it’s like when you play Monopoly: you throw the dice and go on or go back to the hotel and don’t pass Go. You should pay attention, especially if the advisors are your Hervé Léger and the diet you followed before to wear it on holiday.
And if to live is not enough, share it!
Therefore, if you want to lead the good life even just for one day, here five places you can’t miss, because they’re the stars that best represent the #luxuryliving.
1) La Plage 45 Beach Club, is without a doubt the most sophisticated option to relax and get a tan laying on the Balinese beds or on the leather ones. On the beach and at the restaurant on the boardwalk you can feel more than the ocean breeze, you can feel something that whets the credit card: it’s the lavishness. Two rules to survive: bikini and caftan by Missoni for her, Villebrequin for him and lot of Chablis to cool down.
Address: 45 Boulevard de la Croisette, 06400 Cannes, France
2) L’Antiquaire et la Mode, the profane Mecca for people that know that fashion never goes on holiday. This vintage store is a sensorial mix of fashion, accessories, design, period jewels and antiques. The items by Hermès, Chanel and Dior you can find there are inimitable. We are in France, “ça va sans dire”!
Address: 8 Rue Hélène Vagliano, 06400 Cannes, France
3) La Petite Maison de Nicole, is inside the hotel Majestic Barrière, the menu contains traditional Southern tastes but made in a modern way. Both the interior design and the outside one are the perfect locations to be take a picture. What about the most posted glimpses? The white tables with white candle holders and bunches of tomatoes on top, and the Pop Art style portraits mixed with the curtains.
Address: 10 Boulevard de la Croisette, 06400 Cannes, France
4) Vip Room, is the most exclusive club in Cannes. This is the place where to stand out is more important than to be, the entrance is at organizer’s discretion and you have just two options: the outfit or the Centurion Card, but when you are inside it’s worthwhile. The most expensive bottle on sale? The Mathusalem by Cristal Roederer costs 40.000 euros. And if someone asks you what you want to drink, ‘Water, merci!’
Address: 50 Boulevard de la Croisette, 06400 Cannes, France
5) Hotel du Cap Eden Roc, is in Antibes and is magic thanks to the location and the unique atmosphere. Francis Scott Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway and Pablo Picasso have been hosted there. The suggestive swimming pool is the reason you’ll want live there forever. Moreover, during the Festival, Amfar – the famous charity gala against AIDS – takes place at the hotel. Celebrities and designers from all over the world are invited, it’s one of the most glamorous and magic nights of the fashion system.
Address: Boulevard JF Kennedy, 06600 Antibes, France